Merry Christmas from everyone at SusWoT
- It’s the festive Local Produce Market tomorrow morning – 9am-1pm, Saturday 22nd December, GP surgery car park – ideal for some convenient last minute Chritmas shopping.
- Bristol Independents Loyalty Card – at a time of year when shopping is inevitably at the forefront of many of our minds, maybe we can take a moment to consider where we are doing that shopping and what we are buying. Here is a list of local indepent businesses participating in the Christmas loyalty card scheme.
- LifeCycle UK recycle old, unwanted bikes with the help of prisoners at Horfield Prison – see http://www.lifecycleuk.org.uk/bike-recycling. If you are getting a smart, new bike for Christmas or just have some old bikes languishing in the shed/garage, consider donating your old one to them.
News From Other Local Groups
- Lawrence Weston Community Farm would like responses to their survey about priorities for a new education officer.
- Lots of news in the latest Bristol Local Food newsletter.
- Bristol Green Doors has a new website – do take a look and find out all about how to save energy and money.
- Here’s the winter newsletter from Bristol Fairtrade. See www.bristolfairtrade.org.uk for more details about their work.
- Here’s the December newsletter from The Converging World.
Update on Local Issues
- You may like to sign this Bristol City Council petition against a new supermarket on the site of Bristol Rovers’ Memorial Ground.