The Anual General Meeting of Sustainable Westbury-on-Trym will be held at 7:30pm on Thursday 11th April 2013 at Northcote Scout Hut, Great Brockeridge.
There will be cheese and wine or apple juice on hand to help you think about what you would like to see happening in the area, then we will split into groups to share our thoughts with the help of about Mike’s mysterious fishbone. We want this to be a space for you to talk to us, not for us to talk at you.
To get you started, an example of someone who already has an idea he would like to promote is Tim Bushell, a local resident who is keen to encourage everyone to have their own wormery and he will be telling us a little bit about what that involves.
What changes would you like to see making life more sustainable?
- Would you like to grow your own food?
- Would you like your home to be more energy efficicent?
- Would you like to see Westbury being more self-sufficient so you don’t have to drive miles for things?
- Something completely different??
What’s stopping you?
- It all sounds rather complicated and you don’t know where to start?
- You don’t have the time, energy or inclination to get sucked into an organisation?
- You don’t want to live in a tree, dress like Swampy or put your hair into dreadlocks?
SusWoT does not exist to tell you what to do and bully you into “being green”. We have a small core group who aim to support people in the Westbury-on-Trym area in developing their own sustainability projects. We have experience in gaining grants for new initiatives, connections to the energetic sustainability community around the city, publicity networks and above all, a supportive community of people to encourage you with your idea.
The graphic below shows an overview of projects and connections we have already.