Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter – see links at the top of the sidebar to the left.
Fishbones and worms – it’s our AGM at 7:30pm on Thursday 11th April. Come and tell us what you’d like to see happening in Westbury. More details here.
- Here are the minutes of the last steering group.
News From Other Local Groups
- Friends of Badock’s Wood are holding their AGM on Tuesday April 30th at 7.30 p.m. at the Greenway Centre. Hear about all the good things that have been happening in Badock’s Wood in the last year and how the latest round of Lottery Funding is being used this year. Also note there is a paper proposing changes to the structure and constitution of the Friends of Badock’s Wood which we will need to vote on.
- Badock’s Wood Wild Flower Walk on Sunday 21 April – see poster for details.
- Badock’s Woodland Party. Part of the Big Lottery Funding will pay for another event the Badock’s Woodland Party which is being planned for Sunday 9th June from 2-6 p.m. and Jim O’Shaugnessy is organising this for us. If you would like to get involved in the day, hold a stall, run a workshop, lead a walk, bring your dance troupe, singing choir, arts group etc. along or give general help running the event please contact Jim on jim.os at blueyonder dot co dot uk or call him on 0117 9664318 or mobile 07722859726.
- The Practical Sustainability Course with Shift Bristol 3rd September 2013 to 25th July 2014 in Bristol. Two and a half days a week for 40 weeks. Visit www.shiftbristol.org.uk for details. A dynamic and holistic curriculum bringing together some of the UK’s most experienced tutors and practitioners to explore positive, creative and practical solutions towards a sustainable, community-led future. Talks, workshops, discussions, field visits, design projects and practical activities.
- Bristol Switch and Save – now extended to April 15th – all welcome to join in – already 4500 on board in the city! http://www.bristolswitchandsave.org.uk/
- Bristol Food Network news.
- Find out about Bristol’s “Blue Finger”, a line of prime agricultural land bordering the M32.
Issues and Campaigns
- Avon and Somerset Police are currently running training sessions for community speedwatch volunteers. Would any members of the community like to take part in this training and subsequently carry out speedwatch operations in the area. The date of the training session is 14 April 2013 at 1pm at Southmead Police Station. Please contact PCSO 7166 Claire Fisher for further information or advice on 101.
- Petition to Michael Gove: Keep Climate Change in the Curriculum more details here.
- Bristol has been shortlisted as one of four finalists for the European Green Capital Award 2015, alongside Brussels, Glasgow and Ljubljana. See more here.