- SusWoT Open Meeting – Thursday 25th October, 7:30-9:30pm, Northcote hall, Great Brockeridge. With announcements of energy prices going up recently, now is the perfect time to come and find out about taking part in the Energy Neighbourhoods competition. SusWoT is hoping to enter a team in this competition run by Severn Wye Energy Agency to see who can reduce their household gas and electricity consumption by the greatest amount relative to last winter. More details here.
- Friday 26th October, 8-10pm – SusWoT social at the Victoria. Come along for a pint and a chat.
- Saturday 27th October, 9am-1pm – local produce market at the doctors’ surgery car park. According to the local celeb rumour mill, labour’s mayoral candidate, Marvin Rees, will be in the vicinity around 10.
News From Other Local Groups
- Sunday 28th October 2012 – FREE Fungi Walk. Come and enjoy a guided walk led by Justin Smith, through Badock’s Wood to learn about the autumn fungi which thrive here. Starts at 10.30 a.m. Meet at Badock’s Wood – Northern Gateway, Doncaster Road entrance. All are welcome – No booking required. Fungi Walk 28th October poster
- Lots going on at Lawrence Weston Community Farm – half term activities and Autumn programme of courses for adults: http://www.lwfarm.org.uk/octoberhalftermactivities2012.pdf
- October newsletter from Bristol Green Doors including information on the Green Deal and lots more – Bristol_Green_Doors_Oct12
- Bristol’s Local Food – update
- AVON ORGANIC GROUP – Members swap seeds and plants and share seed saving stories and know-how. Gardeners have selected, saved and passed on seeds and plants down the generations-creating vibrant food cultures and protecting genetic diversity. Wednesday 7th November, Hamilton House, 80 Stokes Croft, Bristol BS1 3QY. http://www.groworganicbristol.org/