Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter – see links at the top of the sidebar to the left.
- SusWoT social – This Friday, 25th January, is the monthly social at the Victoria in Chock Lane. Following a couple of very successful years growing thousands of tomato plants, the Get Growing project is looking to diversify this year, maybe into other vegetables, herbs or bee-friendly perennials. Come along and suggest your favourites.
- Local Produce Market – this Saturday, 9am-1pm, 26th January, GP surgery car park. Come along and stock up on a great selection of fresh, locally produced meat, fish, cheese, bread and more.
- Open Meeting – at the next SusWoT Open Meeting we are inviting you to bring along ideas and/or products that you make or do for yourselves at home instead of buying in shops. Cake bakers are especially welcome! Are you a great grower or preserver? Are you crafty (foxes need not apply!). Do you have some special thrifty tips? The meeting is at 7:30pm on Thursday, 21st February at Northcote Scout Hut, Great Brockeridge.
- Get Growing needs you! Do you want to be involved at any stage of the Get Growing project – more details here:
- Germinating the seeds and growing the seedlings
- Potting on and growing the larger plants
- Offering spare greenhouse space
- Do you have any spare 7.5cm/3″ pots we can use? If so, bring them to the SusWoT stall at the Local Produce Market this Saturday or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SusSwap – we’ve noticed that clothes swapping is very popular these days. Would anyone be interested in organising a SusSwap clothes swapping event? Maybe you have some dodgy Christmas presents! Get something new to you and enjoy comparing styles instead of chucking your unwanted items in the bin.
News From Other Local Groups
- Bike Donation Day – Lifecycle UK works with prisoners to refurbish old bikes. They are holding a bike donation day at Horfield Prison on Tuesday 29th January – more detail here.
- Sustainable Transport in Bristol – Sustainable Redland are hosting a meeting at 7:30pm on Wednesday 6th February at Hampton Road Friends Meeting House. The event is an informal workshop for anyone with ideas to apply for funding from the city council – more details here.
- Lichen Walk – Saturday 3rd February, Friends of Badock’s Wood are organising a lichen walk – see this poster for more details.
- Update from Bristol Local Food.
Issues and Campaigns